Thursday, February 18, 2010

Phew*

Baby is down for a nap, family is out... time to take a breath and write a blog.
*srsly*

Life has been CRAZY latley...

what probably makes it crazier is the additional 6 ppl! Im staying with my parents right now... and let me tell you, it sure feels squishy compared to my place! you'd think I'd be used to it.. after all when I was growing up there was TEN ppl running around this place... but I guess I got to love the quiet life really fast!

It's Tough to get Nod to sleep with 6 new voices bickering and singing, 12 new feet bouncing and stomping, and 60 new fingers to squish, tickle, and pinch her! She is loving all the attention... but it's all consuming! Now she wants to be tickled and played with at nap time! AND she is changing everyday!

This week she ...
1.) found her toes,
2.) learned to laugh when others laugh at her,
3.) began to love toys (she never cared for them before)
4.) learned to sleep unswadled (this was necessary as I dont swaddle as good as Daddy)
5.) began to put EVERYTHING (including her soother) in her mouth

I though she put everything in her mouth before... but I was SO mistaken! I had to lay her on the bathroom floor one day (on a clean blankie of course)... and it so fun to watch her try and shove the plastic stool in her mouth. seriously, this thing is about as big as she is! It was quite the process. First she had to roll onto her side so she could reach the stool. then she inched it towards her ever so slowly. Once it was beside her she had to figure out which part would best fit in her mouth. so she picked it up with ONE hand... and tried all sorts of different angles, until she realised that the leg would fit best. At this point I had to take the stool away... poor girl... so much work for nothing!

oh dear... through the drone of the monitor there is the faint noise of a babe, squirming, and whining, and waiting to be freed...

catch ya later... Duty Calls

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad "Nod" has so many big people to take care of her right now. Keep up the good work! I wish I could be there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Seems like she has grown up sooo much since we saw her last!! Paisley is learning how to sleep unswaddled right now too...so it's nice to hear that Brosie has conquered that...it gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing babies are just so adorable!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete