Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Update

Well, Ive posted a couple times on my new blog, but I hear my fans are begging for more ;P

For the summer I moved into a new place to sublet while my friend went to Europe.... however, she surprised me last week by showing up after only one month of her trip. We've been living together ever since, and it has been, a new experience for me. Well, actually, an old experience. Living with her reminds me of living with D. Their sleeping patterns are the same (however she was jetlagged so I'll give her that), and their eating habits, their excessive computer time, belief system, etc. It has been emotionally wearing. I love her, we are friends, but living her was like living with D all over again.SO, I found a new place :) yipee
The new place is small, but oh so cute and affordable! The walls are my favorite, painted unique and interesting colours. Im excited to get in there this weekend and put up my own paintings, and sleep in my own bed again.
In other news, I finally have a lawyer! Halle-freaking-lujah! Hopefully we will meet later this week, or early next week, make some quick decisions, and finally move forward!!!! Im feeling veeeeery stuck in this time of my life! Hopefully this supervision thing doesnt turn into a war with D, cause that might keep this going a long time, but Im hoping that a kind judge will at least give me a divorce before making decisions on the things that will take a long time (supervised visits etc, moving to Utah etc).
Nothing much else is new, there is no school so I spend my days with Nod, playing at the park, washing the car, going to the pet store, going to playdates, etc. I dont have a job yet, Im looking at something very part-time, some evenings here and there.
Im still addicted to FB, I think in status updates, and just sit and stare at my laptop before I think of what else I can do. At least I dont sit on the FB homepage anymore, thinking about how I could click the "forgot my password" button. Im moving on. a bit.
I get lonely a lot, so I go out almost every night. Wed I have meetings, Thurs is institute, Fri Sat I hang out with YSA, Sun with my family, and on Tuesdays I stay home and catch up on a cople TV shows I like online. Other than that I just play guitar a lot, which makes me miss my best friend who didnt come home for the summer and I havent seen in much too long.
Hope to get my hair done this weekend by my other BFF, Jo. Thats super exciting, we havent hung out in much too long either.
Oh, and Im going to plan out a trip to Utah/Idaho once I get a new car and passport :)

Love you all
Wink

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a new place that is all your very own! I love being able to hang pictures and make a space feel like mine.
    ^_^

    You should totally come up and visit us at some point!!! OR, you could wait till we move down to RD for a few weeks and we can visit then. *eheh*

    Would love to see you and little B!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elizabeth!!!!

    I've been woefully neglectful of my friendship with you! Is there forgiveness? Today Duane and Dan were talking and Dan mentioned that there might be a possibility of seeing you at the cabin! OH that would be so great! I didn't know how else to contact you other than your blog - I'd love to hear all about school and (pretty much) single parenthood, and everything else.

    I hope this comment finds you well!

    - Kelty

    ReplyDelete
  3. KELTY! ok, honestly, I was worried. I asked Dan a few times if he thought you guys would prefer I did NOT come. Im glad to hear youre okay with out, but sadly I dont think I can come :( I seem to have a job interview, and I might be carpooling and therefore be tied down to someone elses schedule! Are you guys coming to the reunion on the 2nd though? Cause I will be there! And our girls NEEEEED to meet! Oh, and Im also not sure that I would feel comfortable in a cabin with Dan for three days, usually after one day I feel overly tense (originally he told me it would be two days so I thought I could handle that). I would love to talk to you sometime, do you still have my email?

    Im doing very well by the way, Nod and I have a good routine going and I feel like things are really looking up more everyday :D

    Love
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete