*WAAAAAHHH* My Piano is GONE!!! I watched it go...
*tear*
I LET it go! and why??? The root of all evil- MONEY
I wish I didn't need money... I feel like Judas who sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver... I sold my favorite piano for $300.
*sob*
Okay, that last comparison was a bit extreme, but seriously... I actually cried as I watched it go into that awful yellow truck! On the way home I thought of all my good memories with that piano.
So I will write a eulogy for my dear dear Piano.
I remember when I first saw you... It was a looong time ago. First you were my sisters, you have always been part of the family. I tickled your beautifully aging keys and wished I too could have a piano like you someday. Soon that dream was mine, and they packed you up in that sturdy red truck. When I got home from Christmas break, there you were... with my siamese fighting fish (Litchi) on top... waiting for me.
Many boys came and went, but you remained faithful. When we got together to write music you helped me to leave the boys worth leaving.
You were my
LOVE
Oh how much fun we had together! We played and played right into the night! I remember when visitors came and entertained you... though their songs may have been more complex, their love was not as deep as ours. To them you were just some old piano, but to me
You were My
LIFE
You were so great. With you I created memories... taking life's moments and changing them to songs. We wrote the good stuff... Like Bermuda, Until I Saw the Stars, Lie to the Past, Eternity... and many more. You were my
PIANO
But you were more than just a piano, you were a good friend. You brought my husband and I together... He saw me playing you and it grabbed his attention. He came over every week and helped me write a song with you. I was siting with you when I first thought about marrying him! You were there during the whole LONG engagement when I was so stressed!
You will forever be missed my dear dear Piano.



Good eulogy- she was a dear, wasn't she? I remember when I sold my first piano- I took a gillion pictures of her before she left, and I cried....! Painful isn't it?!
ReplyDeleteaww that is so sad! I hope you can some day get another piano!
ReplyDeleteOne day another piano will arrive at your door. It will fit neatly in place. Surrounding it will be you and Daniel as your baby grows to play.
ReplyDeleteThis was a beautiful eulogy. When I moved to another state I could not take mine. It was an upright grand and was a gift from a good friend. My daughter took lessons and was becoming accomplished.
I find that a piano adds a certain warmth to a room. Especially the ones with the dark woods.
Sometimes I dream that I am an accomplished pianist. I hate to wake up from those dreams. In reality I am not an accomplished pianist but I appreciate hearing others play.
Your Eulogy was awesome. So sad...
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I know who bought your piano! I take voice lessons once a week, and my teacher was the one who bought your piano!
Now, I feel extra extra special and excited to know that I sing to YOUR awesome piano!!!
I know how you feel though... except... my first piano... my dad forced me to give away for free because he refused to move it again.
*sniff sniff*....
O MY HECK AMY!!!! YOU KNOW HER!!!! MY PIANO!!!
ReplyDelete