Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I was just in the middle of writing this blog full of complaints about life and loss and everything... then, through a friends blog, I came across this. Now Im headed downstairs to hold my little miracle. You know, I was shocked to find out I was pregnant. Shocked. I honestly thought I was going to have a tough time getting pregnant, but three months married and the test said yes... yes... a baby. I remember a couple months later, the phone call from the doctors office- a girl. I couldn't be more happy. Now that things arent really going the way I expected, I get so frustrated... Sometimes I wish i had more help, sometimes I wish I had someone to share her with, sometimes I wonder why Heavenly Father gave me this child when He knew we would end up without D. Tonight though, tonight I just say a prayer of thanks for my angel. She is my light. She took me from darkness, she delivers me from the evil that surrounds. I do not know if i could have been this strong if I didnt have her to fight for. I am sorry that D does not get to share this with me, sorry for him. She truly is a wonderful and special child of God.

"And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have atasted of his love, and have received a bremission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own cnothingness, and his dgoodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of ehumility, fcalling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing gsteadfastly in the faith of that which is to come" Mosiah 4:11

I dont think that by "nothingness" we are meant to think less of ourselves, but to understand how lost we would be withou our Lord. I am watching it firsthand, I have the Lord and I have everything. I watch others leave the fold and lose everything. I am full of gratitude for my little girl, whose kisses and hugs and smiles are constantly reminding me of the Lord's great Love for me.

2 comments:

  1. Thank for you sharing this, Liz. I was having a moment of "mommy frustration" tonight where I felt like all I've done all day is yell, or scold, or throw up my hands in defeat at the tantrems of a two-year old. I needed this. I needed to be reminded of the joys of motherhood, and I needed to have a "remembrance" of how good God really is. Thinking of you every day, you're doing such a great job with Brosie. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I read that blog too, and cried! I LOVE that scripture! I think I'm going to put it up somewhere in my house! Thinking of you and B!! :)

    ReplyDelete