Really, I am unbelievably lucky.
1.) My mom and Dad always loved each other no matter what conflicts came between them, it was obvious that in the end, they cared about each other.
2.) I have had the privilege of seeing both my parents follow the teachings of our church and enjoy doing so. There was never a question in my mind about what was the right thing to do.
3.) I was able to see my dad teach and consequently I fell in love with learning.
4.) I saw my parents pray daily and receive personal inspiration frequently. I was able to learn to trust my own spiritual experiences as I watched them follow the spirit in their lives.
5.) Watching them live what they believe has shaped me to who I am, and the strong testimony I have. Thank you for helping me develop this!!!
Recently I have watched as my friends and family strugglewith their testimonies. It seems that everyone around me is taking a beating from the adversary. I feel blessed that during this difficult time I have not been plagued with doubt. I know as sure as I ever knew, that God lives, that he loves me, and that I am his daughter. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God in this dispensation, and that there continues to be prophets on the earth today. I have come to know that as I live what I believe I can impact my family the same way my parents lives impacted me. I hope that one day my family will be able to be sealed in the Holy Temple as an eternal family, so we can be together beyond this life.
(if you want to know more about these beliefs feel free to msg me, or go to www.mormon.org)
Elizabeth.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you have been able to have these experiences to help you stand strong and be the foundation for your family and friends now when they need you. Keep the faith, and blessings will come! And Mandy and I will be there if you ever need!
Brian Garrett
awwwwww that is so awesome! You are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brian... I will take you guys up on the offer of help in the future... im sure!
ReplyDeleteAmy, I *am* so blessed... isnt it great to remmber the good things!
Absolutely beautiful! One day we will meet and I will be able to see for myself this wonderful soul your dear hubby has found. You bless his and babies lives.
ReplyDelete