The woooorst part about being a single mom is getting sick! I went to bed at 8:30 last night, feeling nasueas. Woke up at 11, sick until 1, woke up at 3, sick until 5, and woke up at 9am by little Nod (of course whenever I got up to be sick she woke up too). During these "wakeups" I was only partially congant, and totally illogical. I thought I was so sick that I was going to die (a bit dramatic, well yes haha). I was super worried that I have no emergency plan, I mean, what if I die alone in my apartment? How long will it take someone to find me? Will Nod be okay until then? Will I have time to dial 911? If I need help should I call my hometeachers, my family, or my best friend Kingsley? It was about 5am, lying in the tub trying to keep my food in my stomach, when I finally decided that I would call Faws (a single dad/ friend of mine) to come save me from dying. I finally was able to go back to sleep comforted.This morning all of my plans for the day were thrown out the window. I focused on keeping Nod happy, and fed, and rested while keeping my tummy settled. It sucked. Seriously, it was a bad day...
UNTIL... My Mommy came to the rescue! Mommy and sister Ray cleaned up my dirty kleenex mess, took Nod out while I showered, and replenished the fridge with Nod milk.
Anyways, Ive complained enough. The moral of the story? Well, youd never guess, but Im gratful. At about 11pm last night I wished I had stayed with D. I decided that I couldnt do it, I couldnt be single... but I had no other option. If I had called he would have driven here Im sure, but 4 hours later (once he was here) I might regret that. So I prayed and prayed and cried and puked... and 24 hours later, guess what? Im alive! Im happy! I can do it! I can do anything!
XO
Wink
Yay for Momma's and sisters!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you totally can do anything. ANYTHING! ^_^
I hate being sick though. Hope you get all better soon!
love!
I love how positive you are! I need to learn from that! I would also like you to know that I have never followed a blog before, but yours is so cute, and so close to my life that I cant help but look every now and then!:)
ReplyDeleteWell thanks! You know, (at the advice of a friend )Im thinking about gearing my blog towards single parents. Im not sure if that is how we are similar, but Im glad youre enjoying my ramblings! haha
ReplyDeleteOh Elisabeth I am so sorry you were sick. I can only imagine what it would be like to be so sick and not have anyone to take care of you, and on top of all that, you have to take care of a baby. I am so glad your sis and mom were there, and your friend, and that you were strong enough to not call D. I admire you, and sure hope that I would be as strong as you if i was ever put in your situation!
ReplyDelete