Has anyone ever played balderdash? I love that game... you come up with random definitions for wacky words, and then you get to hear the real definition. Well, I read the word "Empirical" in my Poli Sci text book... I have used and read this word before, but not in the context I was now reading it. So I looked it up ion the Oxford English Dictionary (online too ^_^ isnt that cool?) anyways... this was one definition I found... Im going to keep it in mind for my next game of Balderdash... Bwahahaha!
2. That practises physic or surgery without scientific knowledge; that is guilty of quackery. Also of medicines: That is of the nature of a quack nostrum. Cf. EMPIRIC B. 2.
and thats all folks... just wanted you to know what the nature of a quack nostrum is... ^_^
Thank you for that definition. My life has been enriched. I've always wondered what exactly a quack nostrum's nature would be....
ReplyDelete^_~
Remember when we used to read the dictionary together with our friends? out loud?
Ah... those *were* the days..
love!
Those *were* the days...
ReplyDelete*lesigh*
miss you and your nostrum!