Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Who are You?

My English Prof asked us to write an autobiography paragraph... he said "who are you, that is they key question", but he didnt take it in for marks! I was bummed, cause I like mine... So Im posting it here... kinda boring, but I get a kick out of it

Who are you? That is the key question according to my English Professor, Dr. M, who had the idea for my autobiography paragraph. 3 words, simple enough language, but an idea that takes some people an entire lifetime to discover. As far as knowledge is concerned, I know a fair amount about my life, having lived it. I know I was born in Edmonton, 19**, to a large christian family in the dead of winter. I soent 16 years "growing up", as they say, in a small town. Learning in those years to talk, walk, read, write, grow, stop writing, refuse to read, walk away, talk back, and then grow again. I know I moved on to University, got married, got pregnant, got separated, and moved back home. Amognst all these experiences, who am I really? Who have I become? Who have I always been? One thing remains constant; I am a daughter of God. That is what I have always been. I am a mother, a student, and a friend. That is what I have beome. Other than that I am a work in progress. Constantly changing, adapting, growing, shrinking, gaining, losing. I am just as you are. I am me.

xo

1 comment: