YOU’RE NOT ALONE
says Dr M, and I break into Micheal Mclean* renditions
silently, but quite loud in my own mind
and of course it leads me to John Bytheway**
and now I’m rolling around with laughter.
only I’m not.
Im sitting
in a stale, almost silent, room,
the drone of my professor,
the hum of the computer,
bent over a warm keyboard, and a fake wooden desk
in a plastic green chair that bends 10 degrees backwards for comfort.
because a bendy plastic chair is luxury to a college student
But Im comfortable
on the inside,
in my funny little world,
as I laugh with the Asha*** in my head.
And sing out loud to her
As he corrects comma splices
and gets excited about modifiers
but Im just glad
that Im not alone.
*Michael Mclean is an LDS singer/song writer.
**John Bytheway is an LDS comedian/ motivational speaker, He sings McLeans song as "Shes on the phone" and for some dang reason I cannot find a link for you... but its oh so funny!
***name changed due to privacy issues,it sounds better with the real name
No comments:
Post a Comment