Friday, November 12, 2010

You know, I always wanted to get a divorce. I just thought it would be the coolest thing ever! you know, cause I want to be a lawyer, and my desire to be a lawyer has given me this inherent ability to know exactly how to fill out legal papers...

YEAH FREAKING RIGHT!!!!!

A month or so ago I first met Malevolence. She is the devil woman at the courthouse here in town. She told me it was her job to help me fill out the divorce papers properly. She is a family law counsellor. 

When I started working on the papers with her, she criticized me for not knowing what I was doing. She was constantly ticked at every mistake I made, like when I wrote my name instead of Plaintiff, or when I stapled a backer as a title page. She was so irritated that I had never filled out a divorce affidavit before! It made me wonder if most people coming in for help are on their 3rd or 4th, cause Lady Malevolence, Im just a rookie. I dont want a divorce! Well, I do now, but I sure as heck didnt!! I thought D and I were going to be together FOREVER, and NO, I did NOT sign a prenump!

The last time with Malevolence, she only perked up and smiled when she saw how much D was paying for support.. She noticed how incredibly insufficient it was, and freaked out, saying he was hiding money some how. D is not hiding money. Sure, he is poor, sure he *should* be able to make more, she is right there. But he isnt. He just doesnt work much. She wouldnt believe me!! She was certain I could get more out of him and wanted me to fight him on it! I was like, Lady, I just want my divorce! Give me a freaking divorce! I dont want to take more time fighting for money that likely doesnt exist. I dont want a judge to take 6 months deciding whether he should be forced to pay more because he has the capacity to work more. Seriously. I just want to be a single woman, go on a date, and not have to call him my husband! 
PLEASE!
THEN I made the mistake of telling her I want to be a lawyer. Oh NO. Now she was really ticked at my mistakes. Always saying, come on, if you want to be a lawyer you should know this stuff! COME ON LADY, Im in my second year of my undergrad, Ive never taken a law class! Leave it alone!

Then? She bugged me about wanting a quick divorce, told me to just start dating, kinda like "screw your religion"... UM no thanks! AND? She made some mistakes that took more of my precious time when the other lady had to fix them! UGH!

AND TODAY!? Oh the icing on the cake! She didnt like the forms I was using (which I spent over $60 buying)... she tells me the forms are found ONLINE(free)!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd that if she ever sees me with forms like these again she is going to HIT ME OVER THE HEAD WITH A BASEBALL BAT!!  Sound like a nice lady to you? Nope, me either! 
And I have to see her again Monday... so... I found out what her favorite coffee is, Mcdonalds large with 2 creams... I'll be bringing one, and maybe a helmet, just in case.

2 comments:

  1. Some people are just not meant to work with the public...SERIOUSLY! There are just some jobs you have to be a little forgiving. Working with the public is one of them. I'm sure there's a cubicle somewhere or a mail room with no public contact for her to work if she really wants. A counsellor?? Is there a job that works MORE with the people? You've got a good idea though, treat her to something nice, for being so PATIENT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are taking her something?! Wow miss, you do have a good heart! I guess it's like when they say to pray for the people you don't like, or, er bring them coffee! You're a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete