Monday, June 21, 2010

Calling all Divorcees!

I am NOT having fun filing for this divorce (not atht i thought it would be fun haha). I bought a divorce kit because D and I seemed to agree on everything as far as custody and such goes. Then last week he called and told me more about what he wants... and now the search for a Lawyer begins. He wants to be able to provide "spiritual guidance" for Nod, and wants it written in the contract! Whatever, that is the whole reason I am leaving him, so that he doesn't have spiritual involvement in her life! He thinks Im going to ... how did he put it... something like brainwash her, but he used a different word. Honestly, no matter how i raise her, sh will still have agency to choose another way, he obviously did.

I know that the Lord will provide a way, and although I am frustrated with D, I am not afraid of the situation. It will be years before she is old enough to understand anything he says, and by then Im sure I will have custody and everything worked out so that she is as safe as possible (spiritually, physically, emotionally).

However, now I turn to you- whomever you may be- for advice. Im looking for a good lawyer. This Lawyer would hopefully be a person of faith (not necessarilyof my faith, just a believer in something bigger than them-self), and hopefully someone who could take on a probono case... considering Im a stay at home single mom and my only income is my child tax benefit and little crafts I sell. anybody know anybody who knows anybody?

Ok, well off to my ToDo list. the most depressing list too, considering its pretty much all about the divorce. But hey, once this is over, its over, and that will be a relief!! For those of you who don't have advice in this matter, don't worry, we also need prayers! Lots and Lots and LOTS!



Thank you for the prayers you have already prayed, and those that will be coming... and all other support we have been given on this journey.

Love Winken

No comments:

Post a Comment