Today I realized how grateful I am to be in this great little town! I really complained about this place all the time when I was in High School, but I'm starting to love it! Well, back in High School I was *eh em* less than popular, so I guess I had more to complain about back then. Now that I'm away from, you know, the kids spitting on me in the halls and kicking me in the shins, I'm loving My Town!
People at church, they don't care that I wasn't popular in High School, and even better, they don't seem to care that I'm a single mom!! I have both new and old friends at church. I go to a playgroup every week with a bunch of other young moms, and I also have the privilege of reconnecting with the families that have been here for a long time, and have pretty much helped raise me! They all have great advice for me in my situation, and are loving and supportive always.... so to them... a big THANKYOU :D
Now, Let me complain a bit
I have been going to institute in the "city"... and seriously, the kids there treat me like a leper! Yes, I brought lil Nod, so they all know I'm a mom... but that's really all they know. Nobody has bothered to ask, and I know its an awkward conversation, but its better than them thinking all sorts of other things about me! Last week, EVERYONE was invited to ice cream, ... oh but not me! They didn't even look at me! Not even the kids I know! I went to Edmonton last weekend, and even strangers there (in YSA) were kind and open to me! Gah! Lets beat up 4th branch ok? Hahaha.
Ok, Im donte complaining. Im going out of my way to say hi more and more often, and maybe one day they won look at me like Im diseased.
And Just for fun, Here's a pic of Nod's new little Teethers! They are bigger now (a couple weeks later)... but here they are just budding!

Well all I can say is it's their loss! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I first had baby Daniel and I brought him to institute with me it was super awkward. I felt like even the teacher didn't want to interact with me. I've come to realize now that it's only as awkward and uncomfortable as we allow it to be. Yes- there are those who are genuinely judgmental and will exclude you- but there are also some really nice people who just aren't sure how you want them to act towards you. Keep going to class, and as you said smile and talk to those around you and make that effort to reach out to them. You're a great friend to have Elizabeth, and I know that some of those "4th Branchers" will realize it too :)Hang in there.
ReplyDelete-Ellen
Institute was better last night. I approached three different ppl and had good conversations... of course there are still some who are definatley avoiding me... but atleast Im not totally shunned anymore!
ReplyDeletelove to feel those lightly graze my d--k when she sucks it
ReplyDelete