Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A lot of LOOOOOVE (aka a list of thankyous for the help during 2010)

I cant sleep. Isnt that terrible! I have so much to do everything is just floating in my mind and keeping me up... so I made a list on google docs, I ate some chocolate chips, and now I should *really* try going back to bed. Only I dont wanna. I get so hooked into this internet thing, and, and, and... well, Im just having a good night and I want to shout it out!

Ive noticed, finally, that Ive come pretty far from last year. I was such an unholy mess. My life was sleeping, eating, tending to Nod, crying over D... and then two fantastic girls saved me from my mess, L and K.

It began in the mothers room as I tried to learn the ropes of nursing, I told L a bit about D (who at this point had stopped going to church). They invited me over one day, and then kept inviting me. I started working out with K, I stopped sleeping in, I made better meals, my house was cleaner, I had something to look forward to. K and L, thanks x a million. You seriously had a major impact on my life. I wish I could be there with you guys still, but no such luck.

Instead, Ive made some great new friends. A.W. and K.C. These two also have saved me. Funny, this began in the nursing mothers room at church also. AW invited me to a playdate, where I met KC and felt an instant kinship with these women, and others like RL and JC. I was worried I wouldnt fit in because I didnt have a husband around, but they accepted me, flaws and all. These women kept me sane during the first 6 months of my seperation. Thanks Ladies, for your love and support

Now I would be silly to not mention my family here. My Mom, Dad, and sister C were also major players in my life change. My Parents accepted a screaming child and confused mother into their home, packed jam full like a can of sardines. They took me to court, blessed me with the priesthood, and paid for us to stay alive. C has also been there, with her words of wisdom, love and support. The day that my life crashed she was willing to offer a bed, and a shoulder, and some sound advice. Thanks C, you are a fantastic sister. And these arent the only family members who have helped! Back south my sisters all got together and helped pack up my half of everything, and My aunt MotheR Goose stored my things... and Here in the north Ive had more Aunts to watch Nod and cook meals and introduce me to the wards. Im very very blessed.

In the south there was also the support of great visiting teachers, next door neighbours, and of course Dee. Dee, Im so sorry I havent been to see you, but I love our chats and the support you have been for us. Thanks for the laughs, the love and the wisdom.

And as life sorts out here in Alberta, I find that things arent always as bad as they seem. I mean, some nights seem really hard, but they would be worse if I was back in the shoes of years past. Ive aged a decade this past year.

And I must throw some love to those who have kept me sane during these months of school. All those YSAers who accept and love both Nod and I without judgement, you guys rock. Asha, you are such a great friend, thank you for your help with essays and dating and how to dress ;) Kings, man I hope you didn't read this all, but if you did, You're the best dishwasher that my butter chicken cooking skills can buy! No seriously, You are an awesome friend, and you totally got me that A on my history paper :)

And dont let me forget, the parlour girls and their ridiculous letter writing society! Those construction paper cards left me laughing and crying. They were healing. Thanks Ladies

Oh, and a shout out to the many many many babysitters. Thanks.

And some love for Nod, who slept the whole time I wrote this blog. You are my light.

Thanks most of all go to the heavens. He is blessing me even when I do not deserve it. His love showers me, enfolds me, encircles me.

5 comments:

  1. We love you too....a lot....always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do deserve love- always!! Thanks for letting us love you- it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you deserve it! You are amazing and an inspiration to us all, we are so blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just about choked with laughter at the MotheR Goose line, it is su-uch a perfect name! Good one! You are a dear...we have enjoyed getting to see you more <3 "Aunt Gma"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Auntie Gma, Ive dubbed MR that last year... now what about the other Aunt around here... she needs a blogname, hmmm

    ReplyDelete