Monday, January 17, 2011

Lucy*

Inside me you began
As a little seed
I would rock in my chair
You would kick around
Streching me out,
Your body inside mine, I grew

And when we moved,
It was together
You were mine
Because I created you

With you came worries
How would I teach you rest
And provide hind milk,
And warm your tiny hands
The nurse told me to hold you close
And skin to skin, you grew

And when we moved,
It was together
Maybe you were mine
Because I wanted you

Then the cold of winter came
With it was despair
We packed our little rocking chair
Half of our possesions
The car lulled you to sleep
Wet tears on my skin, the hurt grew

And when we moved,
It was together
Why ever did He give you me
What could I alone offer you?

Through Spring and Summer
We rocked in that chair
Cutting teeth, mending wounds
 A long Fall, another Winter
You calming me as I had you
And skin to skin, we grew

And when we move,
It is together
He gave me you
Because I need you

To dream you
To love you
To be loved by you

For now by you alone

And inside me you grow
As a seed of testimony
Refining my weakness'
And proving Him to me

*So titled because Ive nicknamed her Lucy for some strange reason

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful.........Thanks for sharing.
    Miss you both!

    DR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elizabeth, this is really, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys, Its still under construction... a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it....and both of you....

    ReplyDelete