Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wanted: Prince Charming (PC)

As I drove home tonight, I could not help but imagine what it would be like to have someone waiting at home to greet me. Not just "someone", but someone amazing. He would take one look at my face and know that there was something wrong. After a quick explanation about my EXCRUCIATING pain, he would take charge. 

He would take Nod out of my aching arms, and draw me a bath. Then would put Nod to bed, tidy the house, and fix me a lovely little meal. During the meal he would listen as I explained how much it hurt... and say 

"Im so sorry youre in so much pain Babe, I'll drive to church tomorrow, and watch over Nod so you don't have to worry about any bending or lifting". 

Then he would massage my back for as long as needed, and snuggle up with me on the couch. We'd watch one of my movies (Sense and sensibility),  just as a treat... even if he rolled his eyes... a * little*. 

Oh, and this would all be a treat, just special treatment because <3 he loves me <3, and Im sick. Its not like I expect PC to be my maid and personal slave, but when Im sick, like today, he'd be ready to take control of the situation. 

And while he was at it, working his magic, PC can make up for everything else Ive missed out on for the past 11 months. ... Ehem... You know, like killing the spiders, and mounting that white fish I caught up on the wall ;)

Oh, and another thing, he would listen when I complain about D, or whatever else I needed to get off my chest...and he would know and love me well enough that it wouldnt be awkward, just normal. I could tell him all about my day, without leaving any parts out. Cause when youre married, sharing is just easy. 

Then, (because this is *my* fantasy). He would go back where he came from... Without leaving dirty socks on the floor, or the toilet seat up. Yes, because this is *my* fantasy, I shove him back into the corner of my imagination...  getting all that is wonderful from marriage, and none of the little annoyances. Nope, not a bit of pee on the toilet seat, or hairs from him shaving in the sink. 

Alright, Mr wonderful, or Prince Charming, or whatever you want to be called, today is the day...
Ou Est Tu?

Xo
Wink


2 comments:

  1. I know your Prince Charming will come, don't you worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D
    Next question: when will YOU come? ;)
    Canada is beckoning!!!

    ReplyDelete